´´ Just for the Record - Sell Ryoyo Electro (JP:8068)

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Just for the Record - Sell Ryoyo Electro (JP:8068)

Sold today Ryoyo Electro for 2’683 Yen per share. A stock I mentioned on my blog roughly 8 years ago at 944 yen.

By than Ryoyo was a debt- free deep value stock with enormous assets in form of cash, receivables, inventory and liquid investments that traded below its liquidation value.




The percentage gain (without dividends) is a 184 %. Including dividends received (before Taxes), which were 420 Yen per share, the percentage gain comes in at 229%.

A more detailed analysis on the rational to buy into the stock and the reason for selling out is coming up soon!

2 comments:

  1. If I may ask, what are your thoughts behind portfolio construction? Do you believe it best to concentrate within Japan or spread out your risks? I've built a portfolio here if you're interested at looking at some names. Thank you, I've enjoyed your blog!
    https://cantinablogfordevelopinginvestors.blogspot.com/2020/09/current-net-nets-in-japan.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reaching out to me.

      Concerning portfolio construction I follow a concentrated approach. Actually, I am invested in roughly 15 Japanese companies of whom 2 are classic net- nets. I would not go above 20 companies.

      Are those net- nets of yours genuine ideas? Looks a lot like what was discussed in cornerofberkshirefairfax.

      Delete